Your Health Matters Campaign Launched
October 09, 2013 at 11:12
We are delighted to announce the launch of The Y Factor health campaign Your Health Matters to coincide with the second annual International Day of the Girl. In 2011 the United Nations General Assembly declared 11 October to be International Day of the Girl Child to recognise girl’s rights and the unique challenges girls face. We decided to focus on young women’s health rights as a campaign focus and so felt that this was the ideal day to launch.
Your Health Matters recieved great media coverage on the day itself. The campaign was feature in The Irish Time. We took part in radio interviews: West Dublin Access Radio & 98FM. We also features on TV3 News at 5.30. Be sure to check them out!
Your Health Matters
The Y Factor Health campaign will be rolled out over the coming year across the country. Over the year we want to work with you to create public discussion about the issues you raise to draw attention to the positive effects of empowering young women to be knowledgeable and proactive about their health. The campaign aims to ensure that you get accurate and accessible information and that you are aware of your rights are what you should be able to expect in relation to health service provision. We also aim to work with healthcare providers such as GPs, pharmacists, and clinics to explore how they can support young women taking control of their health in a confident and empowered way.
You can download the poster, leaflet and resources booklet here.
Join in the campaign by:
- Telling your story. You can get involved by sharing your positive or negative experiences of health provision in the comment box below, on the campaign’s own Facebook page and on Twitter @the_yfactor #ourhealth.
- Join the Facebook page to keep up to date on the campaign as it progresses. Have your voice heard so that the campaign represents you too!
- Help us to raise awareness by contacting us for leaflets that you can hand out in your youth group, school or to friends
- Let us know of any positive health initiatives in your area that are supportive of young people
- Contact us to join as a campaign volunteer to help us roll out the campaign in your different areas or regions
- Contact us if you’d like to get involved in networking for the Y Factor, blogging, writing or talking about us…we’d love to hear from you
To read more about the campaign - Click here.